Cook time: 1 hour
Yields: 4 servings
- 3 large carrots - peeled, cubed
½ lb parsnip - peeled, cubed
- 1 medium red potato - peeled, cubed
- 1 red onion - quartered
- 3 garlic cloves - smashed
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1TBSP Salt (we used Omnivore Salt)
- Cracked pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
Set Nomiku water bath to 85C. In a gallon sized zip bag, add carrots, parsnips, potato, garlic, butter, milk, salt and pepper. Seal using the water displacement method. Sous vide for 1 hour.
- In a skillet on medium-high, heat up some oil or butter and caramelize onions. Set aside for use after everything else has been sous vide.
- Remove vegetables from water bath after an hour and transfer to blender. Add caramelized onions. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately with a nice drizzle of olive oil.