Congratulations to Thomas McEntee, lead butcher of 4505 Meats, for getting Zagat’s 30 Under 30! Thanks for the delicious steak!
Cook time: 1 hour per inch thick
- 4oz 60-day Aged Porterhouse Steak
- 2 Tablespoon fat, marrow, or lard - or all!
- Salt to taste (we used Omnivore salt)
- Set Nomiku water bath to 57°C (134.6°F). Seal porterhouse steak and fat in a zip bag using the water displacement method or vacuum seal.
- Sous vide for 1 hour per 1 inch the steak is thick. Remove from water bath, salt, and sear steak in a greased, hot cast iron on high heat or use a blowtorch to brown.
- Slice and serve!