It’s crab season! This recipe is an exceptionally delicious way to eat the bounty of the season but works great with high quality Dungeness from the can as well. The sweetness of the crab enrobed in the creamy smoothness of sous vide scrambled eggs might make this one of your favorite recipes.
Cook time 25 minutes sous vide
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Cooked Dungeness Crab Meat – shredded
- 1 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter – melted
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Set up Nomiku and turn temperature to 167°F (75°C)
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cream, salt, and then stir in the melted butter.
- Gently whisk in the Dungeness crab meat.
- Pour the egg mixture into a freezer safe zip bag and seal using the water displacement method.
- Sous vide for 25 minutes, massaging the contents every 5 to 10 minutes. Protect your hands, the bag will be hot!
- Transfer the eggs to warm plates, drizzle with the olive oil, crack on some pepper and serve with toast