Yields: Three 8oz Mason Jars
Special equipment: Culinary Blowtorch
Cook time: 50 minutes sous vide, 2+ hours refrigeration
1 ½ cups Heavy Cream
1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
5 Egg Yolks
½ teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
Pinch of Salt
- 6 Tablespoon Sous Vide Pumpkin Puree (see recipe)
1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Set Nomiku water bath and turn temperature to 85°C (185°F).
- While water bath is warming up, pour the heavy cream into a small saucepan on medium-low heat and whisk in the pumpkin pie spice. Warm until it begins to lightly steam. Then remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, vanilla bean paste, salt, pumpkin puree, both granulated sugar and the brown sugar until smooth.
- Slowly pour in the pumpkin spice cream mixture. Whisk constantly until blended.
- Divide the custard base among three 8oz mason jars and screw the lids on.
- Sous vide for 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes, remove from water bath and let cool.
- Once cooled, move to refrigerator for at least 2 hours so the custard can set.
- When you’re ready to serve, top with 1 tsp granulated or light brown sugar and torch to create the brûlée. Torch lightly until crust is formed. Enjoy!