Cook time: 2 hours sous vide
- 2 lbs Eye of Round Steak - cut into 2 1/2” cubes
- 1 can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 4oz can Hatch Green Chilies
- 4 Bacon Slices – cooked until crispy and crumbled
- 1 Medium Onion - diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves - smashed
1 teaspoon Cayenne
- 2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Coriander
- 1 cup Beer (lager and pale ales are good)
- 1 ½ teaspoon Smoked Sea Salt (we used Left Coast Foodworks)
Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Set up Nomiku water bath and turn temperature to 60°C (140°F).
In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients thoroughly. Evenly distribute chili into two gallon sized zip bags. Seal using water displacement method and sous vide for 2 hours.
Serve chili in bowls topped with sour cream, cilantro, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, green onions, salt, and pepper as desired.