Pumpkin is deeply nutritious. Don’t let all of the great vitamins get boiled off. Also, you’ll be surprised at the subtle floral freshness in this velvety pumpkin soup. Let the low temperatures of sous vide reveal a deeper dimension to this fall staple!
Cook time: 1.5 hours sous vide
- 1 Small Sugar Pumpkin (about 2.5-3lbs) - cubed
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Garlic Cloves - smashed
- 1 Jalapeño - halved & deseeded
- 1 Teaspoon Curry Powder (we used Jaswant’s Kitchen)
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Coconut Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Sea Salt
- 1 Shallot - diced & fried
- Shredded Coconut
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Cracked Pepper
- Set up Nomiku water bath and turn temperature to 83°C (181°F).
- In a gallon sized zip bag, add cubed pumpkin, jalapeño, smashed garlic, tomato paste, butter, curry powder, sea salt, and coconut milk. Sous vide for 1.5 hours.
- Remove from water bath and pour into a large bowl and puree using an immersion blender or pour into blender to puree in two equal batches.
- Pour into 4 serving bowls and top with cilantro, fried shallots, pumpkin seeds, and cracked pepper to taste.