It’s National Coffee Day and for many of you, you basically celebrate every day on your way to work. But why not celebrate in style with some perfectly cooked meat and adding a little pep to your step with a sous twist on your everyday coffee?
Check out the recipes below:
Sous Vide Espresso Rub Steak
Cooktime: 1 hour sous vide
- 1 Ribeye Steak, around 1 inch thick
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Hot Sesame Oil
- Ground Black Pepper and Finishing Salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Ground Coffee Beans
- Set up Nomiku water bath and turn temperature to 57°C (135°F).
- Give the meat a flash marinade around 4 minutes on each side in the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and ground black pepper, just enough so that it allows the espresso to stick.
- Bag the espresso coated steaks, pour in marinade, remove air, and sous vide for 1 hour.
- Remove bags when cooked. Set a heavy pan on high heat, remove steaks from bags and sear each side for 30 seconds or until a crust forms.
- Slice steak to serve.
Get a little dirty by adding our Sous Vide Vanilla Chai Caramel to your coffee to make yourself a Dirty Chai!