Cooktime: 2.5 hours sous vide for pork, 20 minutes sous vide for carrots
- 4 Heritage Pork Chops (about 14oz each, we got ours from Heritage Foods USA. Check the bottom of the recipe for a special deal!)
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 springs rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons truffle mustard (we used Wine Country Kitchens)
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- Omnivore Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoons EVOO
- 12 Small, organic carrots - peeled, greens removed
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Pinch of Omnivore Salt
- Set your Nomiku water bath to 59°C (138°F). Add pork chops in 2 gallon sized zip bag - each bag with 2 pork chops, take care that they do not overlap, 1 sprig of rosemary, 1 tablespoon of butter. Remove air using the water displacement method. Sous vide for 2.5 hours.
- In another water bath, set to 85°C (185F). Add carrots in a zip bag with 2 tablespoons of butter and a pinch of Omnivore Salt. Make sure the carrots are flat in the bag and seal using water displacement method. Sous vide for 20 minutes, make sure the carrots are submerged.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine truffle mustard, honey, Omnivore salt, and EVOO. Remove the pork chops and carrots from the water bath according to their cooking times. Dry off the pork chops with a paper towel. In a cast iron, heat up the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Once hot, place pork chops in, and coat and sear each side with the honey mustard mixture. About 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove pork from cast iron, and slice up on a heatproof cutting board. Plate with carrots and serve immediately.
***Go to Heritage Foods USA right now and enter the code NOMPork, and get 2 free 14 oz. Heritage Pork Chops with your next order!! Valid only until Sept 26 at 12PM EST, so get on it!***