Recipe adapted from The Cocktail Lab
Cooktime: 1 hour sous vide
Makes 6 shots
- 1 cup Dry vermouth
- 1 cup Gin
- 1 cup Basil
- 1 cup Shiso
- 2 Quart sized zip baggies
- Small Shiso leaves for garnish
- Set Nomiku water bath and turn temperature to 50°C (122°F).
- In one zip bag, add vermouth and shiso, remove air, and seal.
- In another bag, add gin and basil, remove air, and seal.
- Cook both bags sous vide for 1 hour. Remove from water bath and let cool. Strain the shiso and the basil from the alcohol.
- In a shaker filled with ice, pour 1 oz basil-infused gin and 2 teaspoons shiso-infused vermouth. Stir gently. Strain into a small shot glass or sake cup. Garnish with a small shiso leaf.