Cooktime: 2 hours sous vide, 1 hour refrigerated
Makes: One 9-inch cake
Ingredients for cheesecake:
- 8oz Cream cheese - softened
- ¼ cup Sour cream
- ¼ cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 large Egg
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla bean paste - we used (Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Paste)
- 1 tablespoon All-purpose flour
- 1 lemon - zested
Ingredients for crust:
- 10 Graham crackers – crushed
- 1/3 cup Melted butter
- 1/3 cup Sugar
Ingredients for berry reduction:
- 1 ½ cup Blueberries
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 pint Fresh raspberries
- handful Fresh mint
- Set up Nomiku water bath and turn temperature to 77ºC (170ºF).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk an egg until light and frothy. Add in sugar and lemon zest to the beaten egg and continue whisking. Beat in the softened cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, and all-purpose flour into the egg mixture until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into a gallon sized zip bag. Seal and remove air using the water displacement method and sous vide for 2 hours.
- In a food processor, puree Graham Crackers, melted butter, and sugar until fully incorporated. Take a 9’” springform cake mold and grease with soft butter. Pat the Graham Cracker mixture down flat to create a crust. Refrigerate until ready to assemble cheesecake.
- In a small sauce pan, heat blueberries, lemon juice, sugar, and honey on low until reduced into a syrup that coats the back of a spoon. Let cool.
- Cut a bottom corner of the cream cheese zip bag open and squeeze evenly onto the Graham Cracker crust. Use a spatula to smooth it out. Top with cooled blueberry reduction and a pint of fresh raspberries. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.