Cooktime: 1 hour sous vide
Makes 4 cocktails
- 1 cup Gin
- 2 Grapefruits - broiled with brown sugar, juiced
- 1 TBSP Sugar
- Rind of ½ grapefruit
- Salt for rimming
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Set up Nomiku water bath and turn temperature to 50°C (122°F).
- Cut grapefruits in half and sprinkle exposed flesh with sugar. Broil grapefruit in oven on high for 3-5 minutes until the top caramelizes.
- Prepare a zip bag and juice the grapefruits into the bag. Toss in the rind of half a grapefruit and pour in 1 cup of gin. Use the water displacement method to seal the bag and sous vide for 1 hour.
- Remove from water bath after an hour, strain, and let cool before you prepare your cocktail.
- Pour coarse salt into a small plate. Wet the rim of a highball and gently dip the glass into the salt. Fill glass with ice and pour 2 oz of the grapefruit infused gin in. Add lime wedge to garnish.