If you missed it before, NYC’s All'Onda was nice enough to give us not one, but two of their awesome sous vide cocktail recipes!
We recently spotlighted the first–the La Serenissima–and here’s the second.
Grab your Nomiku, take a look at the recipe, and get drinkin’! You can follow All'Onda on Twitter and Instagram for more food and drink inspiration.
The Anafesto Collins
Cook time: 2 hours sous vide
Yields 1 cocktail
- 1 ½ oz. gin
- ½ bulb fennel
- 1 pint simple syup
- ¾ oz. lemon juice
- ¼ oz. Pernod
Steps to make Fennel Syrup:
- Set Nomiku to 57ºC (135ºF).
- Slice fennel 1/8 inch thick and place in vacuum sealed bag with the simple syrup.
- Place the sealed bag in the Nomiku water bath once it has reached temp. Sous vide for 2 hours.
- Strain the resulting fennel syrup and discard fennel.
Steps to make Anafesto Collins Cocktail:
- Combine the gin, lemon juice, and Pernod with ¾ oz. of the fennel syrup in a tumbler.
- Shake and serve in a highball over ice and top with soda water.
- Use fennel frond as garnish
- Sip and enjoy!
*If you’d like to make more Fennel Syrup for future use, take ½ a bulb of fennel to 1 pint of simple syrup