Cooktime: 25 minutes sous vide
Dulse Salmon ingredients:
- 1lb Wild salmon fillets, cleaned
- 7g Sea salt
- 10ml Mirin
- 15g Dulse seaweed, dried and powdered
- ½ lb Mixed green (we used loose arugula)
- 1 cup Mixed seasonal tomatoes
- 1 sliced, Caramelized nectarines
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- ½ Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set up Nomiku water bath and turn temperature to 44.5°C (112°F).
- Prepare the salmon by generously salting the flesh side and then covering it with powdered dulse seaweed. Carefully bag the salmon fillet in a zip bag and add mirin. Use water displacement method to gently seal the bag and lower into the 44.5°C (112°F) water bath, cook for 25 min. Remove from water bath into an ice bath for 10 min and then take out and refrigerate until plating.
- Sear cut nectarines flesh side down in a pan on high heat until caramelized. Slice the cold dulse salmon in a ½ inch thick pieces and reserve as topping along with the caramelized nectarines. Make mixed salad with above ingredients to your liking and season with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.