Cook time: 35 minutes for asparagus, 60 minutes for carrots
- 1 lb Asparagus - rinsed
- 1 lb Carrots - cleaned, peeled
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 4 TBSP olive oil
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 1 ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp garlic confit oil + 1 garlic clove (or 1 fresh garlic clove)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ lemon juiced
- ½ lemon zested
- Salt and pepper
- Set Nomiku water bath to 84°C (183°F). Fill one bag with carrots, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp lemon juice, 2 TBSP olive oil and seal. Fill another bag with summer asparagus, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp lemon juice, 2 TBSP olive oil, remove air, and seal. Place in water bath.
- In a food processor, combine basil, almonds, parmesan, garlic confit (or garlic), lemon juice and zest. Pulse until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove asparagus after 35 minutes and carrots after 60 minutes. Serve with pesto. Top with lemon zest, a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.