Cooktime: 30 minutes sous vide, 30 minutes chilling
- 4 watermelon wedges - 1 in thick
- ½ cup mint leaves - bruised
- 2 oz bourbon
- 4 tbsp simple syrup
Note: *Not many people have expensive vacuum chambers to use to infuse fruits (like watermelon) with alcohol. We do it with a simple zip bags and the water displacement method.
- Set your Nomiku water bath to 50ºC (122ºF).
- In a quart sized zip bag, add one watermelon wedge with ½ oz bourbon, a couple of mint leaves, and 1 tsp simple syrup. Do it for all 4 slices. Seal using the water displacement method and cook for 30 minutes.
- Take bags out of the water put them in an ice bath to cool. Once chilled, store in fridge or freezer for at least 30 minutes before serving. This recipe can be made a day in advance.