Originally made by Betony restaurant in NYC and printed with their permission.
Cooktime: 90 seconds sous vide
- ½ tsp. Coriander
- 1 tsp. Juniper berries
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Lavender
- 2 pods Cardamom
- ½ Fresh Bay Leaf, Betony’s note: feel free to use any seasonal, fresh botanical in place of the bay (birch bark, citrus peel, etc.).
- 2 oz. Vodka
1 lime wedge (¼th of whole lime)
- Tonic, 3 parts to 1 part vodka infusion
- Set up Nomiku and turn temperature to 80°C (176°F).
- Combine all botanicals. Place them into a small plastic zip bag and add vodka.
- Remove air (as seen in one of our weekly recipe videos) seal, and place into a water bath for 90 seconds. Remove bag from water and place in ice water until cool.
- Fill a tall glass with ice and then place a sieve on top. Pour infusion in, remove sieve and discard botanicals. Next, top off tonic, it should be 3 times the amount of infusion inside of the glass. Finish with a fresh lime wedge, squeeze juice into cocktail and drop it in.
And don’t forget to check us out on Kickstarter to see how you can back and get a Nomiku of your own for $100 off retail!