Here’s a two-fer for today’s Healthy Eating Series! We’ve made the ever-versatile Sous Vide Garlic Confit. It’s easy to make with Nomiku, is packed full of flavor, and goes well with virtually anything! Today we’ve paired it up with an equally as easy flatbread pizza.
Use your imagination with how you’ll use the Garlic Confit!
Sous Vide Garlic Confit
Cook time: 7 hours sous vide
Note: Garlic in oil is an anaerobic environment and requires proper handling. It is important to add an acid like apple cider vinegar or sherry vinegar to garlic confit to prevent microbe growth and refrigerate for storage.
- 250g peeled garlic
- 750ml olive oil
- 25ml apple cider vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 10g dried thyme
- Set up Nomiku water bath and turn temperature to 88°C (190°F), place all ingredients in a zip bag and remove air or sterile mason/canning jar and sous vide for 7 hours.
- If sous vided in bag, store in an airtight container in the fridge. Mason/canning jar can go directly into the fridge for storage. Can be kept for two weeks.
Flatbread Pizza with Sous Vide Garlic Confit
Cooktime: 12-15 minutes baked
- ¼ cup sous vide garlic confit
- 4 whole grain flat breads (or naan)
- 2 heirloom tomatoes - sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup basil - chopped
- 1/3 cup goat cheese crumbles
- Sea salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place flatbread on baking sheets and brush both sides with garlic confit oil. Top with chunks of garlic, tomatoes, and goat cheese crumbles. Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes until nicely toasted and bread is slightly browning on edges. Remove from oven, top with fresh chopped basil, sea salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.