Welcome to the debut of the Nomiku Healthy Eating Series! We’re kicking things off with the help of our friends at Opening Ceremony! As you may know, Nomiku became the first-ever kitchen appliance to be part of the tightly-curated shelves of OC and we’re thrilled to start off this eating series with them.
Lauren Goodman, an Opening Ceremony fan, stylist extraordinaire, mom, and all-around badass took her first stab at cooking sous vide with Nomiku. Check out the recipe and video below!
Nomiku X Opening Ceremony from Nomiku on Vimeo.
Sous Vide Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon
Cook time: 1 hour
- 4 eggs - room temp
- 2 English muffins
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- 1 cup fresh arugula - washed
- 1/3 cup hollandaise (recipe below)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp salted butter (½ stick)
- pinch of cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Set Nomiku water bath to 64ºC. (147ºF). Carefully put eggs in and sous vide for 60 minutes.
2. Toast muffins. Remove eggs from water bath. Begin assembling the eggs benedict – first place a 1oz of salmon on each toasted muffin half. Top with some fresh arugula. Crack egg into a small bowl and carefully spoon out the egg and discard the watery whites. Place sous vide egg on top of the arugula and top with homemade hollandaise sauce. Salt and pepper to taste.
Steps for Hollandaise Sauce:
1. Put 1 egg yolk, lemon juice and cayenne pepper in a blender. Pulse a few times. Melt the butter and slowly pour into blender as it runs. Season to taste with salt and pepper. The sauce will become thick and creamy. Keep warm in a small bowl set over hot but not boiling water until ready to serve.