Cooking time: 3 hours sous vide
- 9 Pandan leaves (usually found frozen in Asian grocery stores)
- 4 cups Coconut water
- 2 cups Vodka
- ¾ cups Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pandan essence, reserve more for color after sous viding
- Set up Nomiku and turn temperature to 50°C (122°F).
- Defrost pandan. Take leaves, 3 at a time, fold in half so they become half their length and then tie the folded band into a knot.
- Combine pandan leaves, coconut water, vodka, one teaspoon of pandan essence, and brown sugar into a vacuum-seal or zip bag. Remove air and cook for 2 hours inside 50°C (122°F).
- Take bag of out of water, strain to remove leaves and debris, and cool. Add more pandan essence if needed for color, one teaspoon at a time and taste.