Sous Vide Cucumber Lemongrass Infused Gin
Cooking time: 3 hours
- 1 Fresh lemongrass, cut and bruised
- 2 Limes - juiced and rind of 1 lime
- ½ Cucumber thinly sliced on mandolin
- 5 sprigs of mint
- 2 cups gin
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- 3 cups water
- Set up Nomiku and turn to the temperature to 50°C (122°F).
- Thinly slice cucumber on the tightest setting on mandolin. Next bruise the mint by slapping it between your hands, this will release the essential oils inside. Finally, smash lemongrass with a bit of force using the back your knife to break it apart slightly but not fully crumble, cut it into 4 inch pieces.
- Add cucumber slices, the juice of limes, one lime rind, bruised mint, chopped lemongrass, gin, cane sugar, and water into a bag. Either vacuum seal or use the water displacement method with a zip bag.
- Cook in water bath for 3 hours.
- Strain and mix with tonic or fizzy water. Garnish with additional cucumber if desired. We froze this infusion into ice pops that are just for adults— indulge responsibly!