Apple Manhattan Slice
Cook time: 10 minutes sous vide, overnight in freezer
- 1 Fuji Apple
- 50ml Bourbon
- 25ml Dry Vermouth
- 25ml Maraschino cherries syrup
- 1 dash of Angostura bitter
- 1 Lemon
- Simple syrup to taste
- Big pinch of salt to taste
1. Set Nomiku Water Bath to 80°C (176°F). Peel Apple and place in a lightly salted ice bath with the juice of one lemon to prevent oxidation, do not core or stem.
2. Slice apple on the Mandolin width-wise on the thickest setting. Makes about 8-10 slices depending on size of the apple.
3. Mix bourbon, dry vermouth, cherry syrup, and bitters together vigorously. Combine in a cocktail shaker if available.
4. Place a few slices of apples flat in a bag careful not to overlap the slices, cover with 50ml of manhattan cocktail in each bag.
5. Drop bags in water bath for 10 minutes.
6. Remove bags and cool before putting in freezer overnight.
7. Plate and enjoy!