Basic Sous Vide Burger
Makes 4 burgers or 16 sliders
Sous vide: 45 minutes for sliders, 1 hour for burgers
- 2 lbs beef
- 1 tbsp lard or fat of choice
- Slider buns or regular buns
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- optional: condiments (ex mayo, mustard, ketchup, etc)
- optional: toppings (ex butter lettuce, sliced tomato, grilled onions, etc)
1. Set Nomiku water bath to 55°C (131°F).
2. Mix 1 tbsp lard (or fat of choice) in with ground beef and form patties to desired size. Sliders patties are about 2oz each. Hamburger patties at 8oz each.
3. Seal in bag - 3 sliders or 1 full-sized patty per quart zip bag.
4. Use water displacement method to seal and cook for 45 minutes if sliders and 1 hour for full sized patties.
5. Take out of water bath after an hour, remove from bag and season both sides of patties generously with salt. Melt lard in cast iron skillet on high. Sear both sides of patty to create nice crust (about 40 seconds). Crack fresh pepper on top and assemble as desired!