Sous Vide Shrimp With Herbs and Chili Recipe
Cook time: 15-35 minutes
• 1 lb white shrimp with shells on, whiskers trimmed (any kind of shrimp will do if you can’t find the white ones)
• 1 ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
• 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
• ½ head of garlic - chopped
• Sprigs of mixed herbs - rosemary, sage, oregano, thyme
• Salt to taste
• 1/2 baguette - sliced
1. Heat Nomiku water bath to 55C.
2. Chop up 2 tablespoons of mixed herbs and set aside for plating.
3. Seal the shrimp, red pepper flakes, smoked paprika, garlic, olive oil, and a couple sprigs of herbs in a bag and seal using the displacement method. You may also need to double bag because of the sharp shells.
4. The shrimp will cook in 15 minutes but depending on how big the shrimp are and how crowded the bag is, you might need up to 35 minutes.
5. Remove from bag and enjoy!
The shrimp will be firm and succulent. Serve with a sliced baguette to dip in the wonderful herbed olive oil that’s been infused with shrimp broth. Enjoy!