Sous Vide Scallops with Asparagus
Cook time: 10 minutes sous vide
1 bunch of asparagus
¼ cup of white wine (you’d drink)
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1. Set up Nomiku in a heat safe container, add water, and set to 60°C (140°F).
2. Season scallop lightly with salt on both sides and vacuum seal in bag with olive oil. Put in water once Nomiku reaches 60°C (140°F) for 10 minutes only (do not overcook!).
3. While scallops are cooking, clean and snap off woody parts of asparagus. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in on medium heat in a pan and add asparagus, cook for 5 minutes and lower heat to low and cover until ready to plate with scallops.
4. Remove scallops from bag. Pour scallop juices from bag into a small saucepan and add white wine. Reduce on medium heat until liquid is halved.
5. Heat a pan on medium heat with remaining butter and sear scallops for 30 seconds on each flat side.
6. Plate scallops and asparagus together. Top with white wine reduction, nom!