French-Moroccan Lamb Shoulder
Cooking time: 4 hours sous vide, 2 minutes searing, reducing liquids
2 lbs lamb shoulder
1 large shallot
2 large cloves of garlic
1 ½ cups of delicious red wine
1 tablespoon cumin
paprika as desired
1 tablespoon butter
salt and pepper to taste
1. Set Nomiku to 56°C (133°F).
2. Cut shallot and garlic into thin slices. In a medium sized pan on medium heat melt butter with desired amount of olive oil and sautee garlic and shallots until soft and little brown, add desired amount of salt. Add wine and reduce to half, around 10 minutes.
3. Allow wine reduction to cool. Take lamb meat off the bone and season with cumin, paprika, and salt.
4. Vacuum seal lamb meat with wine reduction sauce and put in Nom bath for 4 hours.
5. Take lamb out bag. Save juice from the bag and reduce until a little thickened, taste and add salt if desired. Sear lamb for 30 seconds each side in a pan on high heat.
6. We added sautéed chard as a side, choose a delicious in-season veggie of your choice as a side!