Blue Ribbon Pulled Pork
Cooking time: 48 hrs sous vide, 2 minutes searing
- 4 lbs pork shoulder butt
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 1/3 cup worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 11/4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- oil for searing
- optional: favorite BBQ sauce or drizzling oil
1. Set up Nomiku in a vessel of water according to instructions and set to 57°C.
2. Slice garlic into thin pieces and cut slits into the pork shoulder. Insert the garlic into the slits in the pork shoulder.
3. Mix Worcestershire, light brown sugar, apple juice, and pepper together in a bowl. Vacuum seal the mixture together with the pork shoulder. Divide into smaller portions if necessary.
4. Cook for 48 hrs with the vessel covered (plastic cling wrap works great). Check periodically to add more water for long cooks.
5. Heat a pan on high with oil and sear on each side of the pork butt until browned, approx. 30 seconds per side.
6. Take two forks and tear apart the juicy pork butt into bite size pieces. Season with salt to taste. Add your favorite BBQ sauce or extra virgin olive oil if desired. Tastes great by itself or in a sandwich!