Cluck Majesty HRH Chicken Thighness with Rosemary Parsnips
Cooking time: Chicken 2 hours sous vide, 2 minutes searing. Parsnips 1 hour sous vide, 1 minute sauté.
NB: Parsnips can be cooked ahead of time.
2 medium sized parsnips
4 sprigs of rosemary
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic
salt and pepper to taste
Chicken Thigh Ingredients:
2 chicken thighs
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt to taste
poultry seasoning or desired seasoning (optional)
1. Pre-heat water bath with Nomiku to 85°C (185°F).
2. Clean, peel, and cut parsnips into long bite size pieces.
3. Take leaves off 1 sprig of rosemary and cut into small pieces.
4. Vacuum seal bag with parsnips, olive oil, a sprinkling of rosemary that was cut into small pieces, whole rosemary sprig, salt, pepper, and garlic. This may take up multiple bags to avoid overlapping parsnips. Season each bag evenly with rosemary and garlic. Cook for 1 hour.
5. Take parsnips out of the bag and sauté in a pan at medium high heat with olive oil for 1 minute.
1. Pre-heat water bath with Nomiku at 64°C (147.2°F).
2. Season chicken thighs with salt and desired seasoning.
3. Vacuum seal seasoned chicken thighs with olive oil and put in circulator once it reaches temp. Cook for 2 hours.
4. Heat a pan with oil at high temp and sear chicken thighs until brown, up to 1 minute on each side.
Plate chicken with parsnips together. Drizzle on extra virgin olive oil if desired.