Cooking time: 24 hrs sous vide, around 10 minutes finishing
2 lbs pot roast (chuck does great!)
2 cups water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1-1/2 cups apple cider, or apple sauce, or pear sauce (if using apple or pear sauce, make sure it is well-pureed and pourable)
2 Tbs. mirin
1 Tbs. cider vinegar
1Tbs. roasted sesame oil
2 minced cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Clip Nomiku to a water bath and preheat to 133℉ (56℃) - 140 ℉ (60 ℃).
2. In a bowl, mix water, soy sauce, apple cider, mirin, cider vinegar, garlic, and sesame oil.
3. Season beef with salt and pepper to taste and vacuum seal in bag with marinade and sous vide for 24 hours.
4. Take beef out of the bag and put onto a plate with paper towels to dry. Save the marinade and beef juices in the bag.
5. Pour marinade and beef juices into a saucepan and reduce until thickened at medium heat.
6. In another pan on high heat, sear the beef on all sides until brown (approx. 30 seconds to 1 minute).
7. Plate the beef and finish by pouring marinade over it.
See the video here!